Summer Camp in Spain
AGES: 6 to 16 years old.
DURATION: 3 weeks in July. 2 weeks is also available.
Juventud y Cultura as an educational organization with deep experience in the language programs field, in Spain and abroad, offers to young students a program specially designed to encourage and inter exchange experiences and customs. All efforts of leaders and teachers, aim to give the students the experience in living together groups of different nationalities to enrich their life through creative activities, excursions and to acquaint them with a foreign language. Our Residential program represents a dynamic, diverse and enthusiastic group of students from different nationalities, sharing their special interests and unique cultural experiences with each other, creating and supportive environment to explore new and exciting challenges.
San Lorenzo de El Escorial, thirty miles from Madrid at the heights of “Guadarrama mountains” holds one of the most festive and Cultural Towns of Spain. As headquarter of the famous “Universidad Complutense de Madrid Summer Courses”, the town of San Lorenzo with about 50.000 people is renowned, because of the lectures given by top professors arrived from the most prestigious Universities of the world. On the other hand the privileged geographic location, three thousand feet above sea level makes San Lorenzo de El Escorial one the most precious sites for thousands of “madrileños” who seek to enjoy the fresh temperatures far from the summer heats of Madrid city during the months of July and August. The Monastery of El Escorial constructed by the Spanish Emperor Philip II in the XVI century, is internationally known as the “Eight Wonder of the World”, and is visited annually by over two million tourists. The UNESCO Organization declares the Monastery “Heritage of Mankind”. Our students, accommodated in the so-called: Real Colegio Alfonso XII, which is part of the Monastery, will be lucky living in the same building where there are: The royal Palace – The Pantheon of Kings – The Library – The Artistic Basílica – The many Art Rooms, etc. The program takes place at The Real Colegio Alfonso XII, one of the most prestigious boarding school in Spain with totally renewed facilities: dormitories – class-rooms – video-rooms – Royally decorated Theatre. In the “Bosquecillo” – the sports facilities of the school – the students have the opportunity of practicing all kind of sports: Swimming – Tennis – Basketball – Handball – Soccer, etc. Youth of various nationalities participate in all activities offered throughout the Course. The cultural exchange between the different nationalities is an enriching aspect of the program.
JUNIOR RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Classes: 15 lessons of Spanish Language per week, from Monday to Friday, taught by experienced teachers. A placement test will help to find out the levels of knowledge of Language, and to create groups of 10-12 students per class.
- At the end of Program every student will get a report and a Diploma.
- School materials: Juventud y Cultura will provide test-books – note-books – photocopies, etc. –without any additional cost.
- Accommodation: The students will live in the Real Colegio Alfonso XII –which is part of the Monastery-, with full board accommodation.
- Excursions: A full day excursion per week to places of interest.
- A full range of sports and activities every day.
- Arrival and departure transfers between residential program and local airport.
- Supervision of the program by Juventud y Cultura staff.
This post is also available in: Spanish